Rheumatology Best Practice Awards 2016 - results
The winners of the 2016 Best Practice Awards in Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Health have been announced. Fourteen winners have been chosen across three categories:
- Outstanding Best Practice - for mature programmes that have consistently demonstrated excellence in transforming the lives of patients.
- Best Practice - for initiatives demonstrating innovation and resourcefulness in changing clinical practice.
- Emerging Best Practice - for sites that have responded quickly to the challenges facing the NHS Locally and nationally with novel approaches making a real impact to patient care.
Each case study shows how innovative work has improved patient experience, health care value, and outcomes. They offer examples of ways in which rheumatology services can be improved across the NHS.
Below are the winning projects, selected by a panel of experts including representatives from Royal Colleges, NICE and patient groups:
Outstanding Best Practice
Emerging Best practice
- Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust - Suspected Temporal Arteritis Pathway
- Harrogate District Hospital - the Harrogate MSK Service: A Small District General Hospital Musculoskeletal Care Model
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) - Rheum2Talk
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust - Patient - initiated appointment system in rheumatology
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust - HOVER: a Holistic OVERview services to improve patient outcomes, processes, cost and capacity.
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust - Rheumatology patient database generation through simplified e-Recording of diagnosis and treatment in DGH setting